September 16, 2008

20 Swordsmen Complete

So tonight I finally finished my swordsmen! I spent 12 lining the armor, 3 nights at 5-6 hours a piece painting up the rest of the details and about 5 hours basing & painting the front arcs on all 20 figs. That's 35 or so hours (perhaps even closer to 40 in case I miscalculated). That's an average of 2 hours per fig! They all look great like the test fig or better however I no longer have Mike's awesome setup for photography and I must say I am completely blown away at how crappy the photos turned out. If I saw these things on eBay I'd laugh and say no way would I ever buy this crap. I think it's only in part due to the light box, but mostly due to this camera having a really bad macro function. I'll have to look into acquiring a better brand.

Alas, even though they look crappy I've uploaded the images as proof that my job is complete. I'll have to get a better picture at some point.