August 5, 2008

Enter the Angelius

Two nights and 6 hours later I have finally finished the Angelius. Since the scales were so smooth I opted to not try to highlight the head and mess the figure up. I added smaller scales to this fig similiar to how I did the Carnivean and the effect is really growing on me. The rock this figure is wrapped around is from my back yard and colored with extremely watered down browns, blue and yellows.




Stealing an idea I got off the privateer press web side I went back and painted all of the front arcs on my figures a shade of grey to ease game play mechanics.

2 comments:

1havok12 said...

I like the detail you put into the mouth. If I could suggest something, I would suggest a little highlighting on the dark brown parts especially the chest.

Are you going to be bringing down these models or new ones to paint?

Shane Irons said...

Most likely new, but I might bring these too just in case we need a "break" or something.

I originally started to highlight the chest scales, but the make up such a large portion of the model that it was making the model look wierd/super busy. Most likely because I wasn't really blending several layers of highlight colors.