August 3, 2008

You gonna finish eating that?

I spent entirely too much time on this piece. 14 hours to be exact, the Carnivean is just to detailed of a piece. I wanted to keep the same theme as my Shredders so I added extra scaley spots. While I used the same higlight colors as I did with the smaller models it does seem more cartoony on this larger model but I am still ok with that. My camera is still turning the bodies blue even though they are mostly white with a slight blue grey hue. Next up will be the Angelius.

2 comments:

1havok12 said...

Nice. I like the highlighting you did on this guy. I will have to take note of this model too. If I ever decide to pick up my Tyranids again, I could use this kit to spice up my Carnifex.

J said...

Depending on what type of camera you are using try messing with the white balance setting .. if all else fails use a natural light -light bulb and set the white balance to outside (usually a picture of a sun on most point and shoots) might fix up the color issue of the camera turning the figs more blue ..